Almost $14,000 Going into the Classroom!
We are pleased to announce that almost $14,000 has been awarded to TUSD teachers through its second annual classroom grant program. The grants are the result of our 2013-14 fundraising efforts, and we wish to thank our generous donors, such as Eileen Hamilton, BBVA Compass, E&J Gallo Winery, Memo's Cocina and Tequila Bar, and Libery Private Security, Inc., and others for making this program successful.
This year’s grant program is in memory of Mr. Hobart G. Hamilton, the beloved husband of TEF Board Member Mrs. Eileen Hamilton, and is intended to enhance and enrich the educational experience of TUSD students.
Awards for the 2014/15 school year include (links to applications):
- Amanda Nosrati (Medeiros) - $1000 for iCan! project (listening center).
- Jennifer Collins (Medeiros) - $1000 for a LiMPETS trip to Monerey Bay.
- Marlene Bergstrom (Medeiros) - $1000 for a Yosemite Environmental Living Program trip.
- Rebecca Hall (Crowell) - $1000 for string instruments.
- Ronald Putnam (Crowell) - $1000 for a garden project.
- Heather Nolan (Turlock High) - $1000 for the installation of a bulb and rhizome garden.
- Ryan Holister (Turlock High) - $900 for scientific equipment.
- Beverly Vanderlinden (Walnut) - $1000 for choirchimes.
- Bret Sutterley (Walnut) - $1000 for a drone.
- Krista Vannest (Pitman High) - $1000 for SAE project implementation.
- Anna Eshoo (Pitman High) - $1000 for a Federal Reserve private tour.
- Donald Grishaw (Pitman High) - $1000 for transportation to CASMEC.
- Ann Cordell (Dutcher Middle School) - $1000 for performing arts.
- Maria Montejano (Wakefield) - $1000 for Love in Action walking program.
Getting to Know Turlock Education Foundation
The mission of the Turlock Education Foundation, a non-profit organization supporting Turlock Unified School District students, is to enhance and enrich the educational experience by establishing and maintaining a pathway to secure vital resources and partnerships with individuals, families, organizations, and businesses. We were founded in 2011 by a partnership of parents, community members, and local businesses and intend to bridge the gap in unpredictable and insufficient education funding from our state government. For information on how to support public education through the Turlock Education Foundation, Click Here>>
TEF has a goal of establishing a $25,000 per year grant program intended to fund specific classroom projects throughout Turlock Unified School District. TEF relies on the generous support of individuals, families, organizations, and businesses in the Turlock area to provide the funding needed for these grants.