Just to Feel Good
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted
A recent study by Harvard Business School faculty and graduate students titled “Feeling Good about Giving: The Benefits (and Costs) of Self-Interested Charitable Behavior" finds that "Happier people give more and giving makes people happier."
When you donate to Turlock Education Foundation you can be ensured that:
- Your donation supplements and does not supplant the obligations the state and district have toward providing a quality education for children.
- Your donation supports our mission of "enhancing and enriching the educational experience" of TUSD students. If, like us, you believe that activities that go beyond the core curriculum helps engage students and makes them more successful, you know your donation will be well spent.
- Your donation is tax deductible. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is independent of Turlock Unified School District. However, the purpose of our Foundation is to support the district and we work closely in their efforts to ensure all students graduate as self-motivated, responsible citizens equipped to compete successfully in an ever-changing global society.
- Your donation will fund projects that do not have other means of funding. Turlock is filled with many great parent organizations including PTA's, band boosters, athletic boosters, and more. Many programs within the district already have an outstanding community support infrastructure and we do not intend to compete with these great organizations. Therefore we've worked closely with the district faculty, staff and administration to identify areas of need that do not currently have established community support organizations.
- Your donation will be equitably applied across the district. We are the only community organization that takes a global view of the District and works hard to support every child at TUSD.